Job description & requirements
You will be responsible for leading a talented engineering team, developing the engineering culture, coordinating strategic technology choices and keeping the business on schedule. You will interact closely with the CTO and product team in tool selection, delivery roadmaps and other areas.
As the business grows and new customers are onboarded the product will need building in additional development languages, in tandem with evolving in complexity and features for existing languages.
Recruitment of talented engineers will be a priority for the successful candidate. You will need to closely follow the evolution of new web technologies, competitor products, and be passionate about the developer and healthcare ecosystem
- Build a strong engineering culture, facilitating work and communication across your organisation.
- Scale the engineering team, recruiting talented engineers who fit well with the Jaga-Me culture and DNA, capable of carrying out necessary engineering initiatives.
- Actively inspire, encourage talent development and career progression within the engineering team.
- Coordinate features design with Product team, define and prioritise the engineering roadmap and ensure delivery is meeting expectations.
- Drive the right technology choices and internal adoption, along with the CTO. Take appropriate risks, and proactively evaluate and manage incoming technical debt.
- Develop best practices for testing, deploying, and developing features and releases.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or a similar field
- Strong technical background, with a minimum of five years’ experience with fullstack development and the ability to contribute to technical planning and design discussions
- Excellent communication skills with a minimum of four years’ hands-on technical management experience
- Experience having implemented organisational processes to make sure that team delivers on time
- Experience of designing/developing cloud-based, scalable applications
- Experience of designing microservices architectures on hosted networks and cloud infrastructures, along with expertise in the architecture and integration of applications into existing web stacks without performance issues
- Expertise in developing with a keen appreciation of security requirements
- Experience of having managed a team of at least ten engineers preferred
- Experience of managing remote teams preferred
- Experience of managing outsourced vendors preferred
- Localised understanding of the healthcare industry and challenges
- Understanding of modern architecture and design principles and development methodologies
- Have a heart and desire to serve the community, and build products that make a difference in the lives of families
- Must be able to effectively recruit, screen and grow the technical team
- Must be able to provide technical leadership to the team, whilst ensuring delivery progress against the defined technology roadmap
- Focus on grooming team members’ through professional and career development
- Experience of building, leading, and scaling engineering and development teams. Ideally, with exposure to various structures including in-house, near-shore, and outsourcing
- Comfortable peering with the CTO to set a technical product vision and make suggestions for technology choices
- Can articulate technology vision and delivery strategy in a language that enables discussion with a technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communicator and issue resolver.