Jobandtalent is the first Digital Staffing Agency. We are revolutionizing the staffing world by using technology where there was only paperwork and having some exciting technical challenges along the way.
To make it possible we need a motivated Ruby on Rails Developer wanting to join us in solving those challenges and willing to deliver top quality products at the end of the line.
We are seeking a developer with strong Ruby/Rails skills, a T-shaped developer able to move from one language or technology to a different one by having an extensive knowledge in foundations, principles and practices allowing them to learn the next implementation detail on the job.
In this position you will have to use your skills to improve our product, data architecture, implement robust, high quality code allowing us to scale to more use cases, countries and languages, helping people to employ and be employed in a frictionless way.
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably web and API development
- At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications
- BA/BS or higher in computer science or equivalent work experience
Nice to have
- You're a programming language polyglot and learn new languages and tools for fun and profit, but always choosing the right tool for the job (we like Ruby, Go, Scala, Erlang, …)
- You know your way through Linux servers and app deployments
- You are very familiar with relational databases and modelling (we use and love Postgres). You "respect" them at scale and cache everything
- You've used non relational (NoSQL) databases or at least they are on your radar (we use Redis and DynamoDB)
- You master git and the GitHub workflow, which we use extensively at jobandtalent
- Flat organization, work in a collaborative environment with best in class people
- One of the hottest startups in Spain
- Work in the city center of Madrid, minutes away from the Real Madrid stadium (even if you are not a Real supporter the area is very cool)
- Competitive salary in the 40-50k range, you're the first that need to be comfortable with it
- Yearly conferences budget
- Free lunch on Fridays! (and of course free coffee 24/7)
Flexible working hours & remote working
A shiny MacBookPro / Linux machine
Discount on Health insurance
Learn from some of the greatest Engineers, Designers & Product people in Spain