The software stack
- Java Spring/Groovy based web applications.
- A simple front-end with a mix of AngularJS, JQuery and custom libraries.
- Database MySQL and MongoDB.
- STBs firmware based on BusyBox with Java/C++ app on top.
- GNU/Linux production environment.
- Be part of an agile/lean team to expand existing software in order to meet new requirements and improve performances and reliability.
- Write unit tests and support the test automation effort.
- Mentor junior members of the team and participate in code reviews.
Skills and expertise:
- Mature understanding of the software development process.
- Experience in Java, with Spring and Hibernate as a minimum.
- Understanding the concepts of ORM, MVC, IoC.
- SQL and NoSQL. No complex schemas or huge queries are in use for now.
- Should feel at home with GNU/Linux OS – scripting, configuration, basic administration from the shell.
- Good understanding of how the Internet and web applications work. This includes TCP/IP stack and higher-level protocols like HTTP, SNMP. You don’t need to be an expert but should know how things work in general and essential flows of the protocols.
Nice to have
Would help if you are familiar with basic video/audio concepts – e.g. encoding, decoding, muxing, video/audio formats, containers, streaming.
A real plus would be some past experience with C/C++.
Fluent in written and spoken English – need to communicate with US engineers daily.
Academic Degree in technical/scientific disciplines or equivalent experience relevant to the job.
The attitude we like:
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with attention to details.
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh :-)
- Home-office policy
- Flexible working hours
- On-the-job education and training opportunities
- Monthly team breakfast
- Christmas party
- Team building activities
- Gym membership discounts
- Free massage in the office