Lalamove can provide a visa.
Lalamove is disrupting the logistics industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through our technology. We offer customers a lightning fast and convenient way to book delivery and moving services whether they are at their home, at work or on the go. People talk about O2O, we live it. Onto our fifth year as a start-up, now operating in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines and Vietnam, our aspirations don’t stop there as our model has the ability to transform how goods move in any city worldwide.
As a Junior Data Scientist at Lalamove, you will be part of the growing Data team working together with BI and Data Engineers to support different functional departments in the headquarters, as well as our offices across Southeast Asia in the highly data-driven company. You will be delivering actionable insights with recommendations to optimize critical processes across the entire business including Growth and Product. The ideal candidate will have a passion for generating value out of data.
What we seek:
- Quick learner: you enjoy analyzing data, and you have the ability to learn new methods and technologies quickly
- Problem solver: you have strong critical thinking skills, willing to find creative solutions to difficult problems and work smart before hard
- High autonomy: self-organized, initiator, passionate with a can-do attitude and own end-to-end projects
- Team player: you go the extra mile to ensure success and alignment of all parties involved
- Communicative: you effectively interpret insights in simple terms to inspire actions and influence the strategy of stakeholders
What you'll need:
- At least 1 year of work experience in a data analytics role.
- Educational background in statistics, computer science, other applied sciences or understanding of data science theory.
- Experience in applying Visualization, Statistical Inference, Machine Learning and other Data Mining techniques on variety of data.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python/R. Comfortable with Linux and Git commands.
- Knowledge in Spark and Tableau is a plus.