Your mission is to work closely with our HQ finance team to bring clarity and structure to the financial processes and reporting of the HK business which is rapidly expanding. The role requires a talented and engaging finance professional who has quick problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, digital aptitude, and business acumen.
In a nutshell you will be:
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting function, annual audit, and tax compliance.
- Executing a full set of accounts for assigned services
- Budgeting, forecasting, managing cash management and bank reconciliation
- Managing accounts payable and reviewing monthly accounts closing
If you have the following experiences that would be really desirable!
- Analyzing and monitoring performance metrics especially those relating to revenue optimization, and provide insights based on the market situations and competitive scenarios.
- Predict what is coming by studying trends, understanding the ebb and flow of expenses and revenues across markets, and envisioning the effects of decisions.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management.
- Avid adopter and proponent of SaaS products that can bring efficiencies to financial processes.
- Strong logical thinking and confident to interact with all levels of management in MoneySmart and to communicate cross-functionally in a structured manner
- Solid understanding of the internet and consumer tech industries
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to details and figures.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Be Humble
- Stay Hungry
- Do more with less and be super productive
- Always pursue learning and growth
- Engage, Disagree and Commit
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or another relevant field, as well as an internationally recognized Accountancy qualification preferred.
- 2-3 years in finance, accounting, or audit experience preferred.
- Experience in the insurance, banking or technology sectors preferred
- Relevant hands-on experience in modeling and analysis of financial data.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of financial and tax regulation, its interpretation and implementation in Hong Kong
- Literacy in cloud-based accounting software : Xero and Google Suites would be useful.
You will be working with Finance team in HQ's