Job description & requirements
Carro is Singapore’s largest online used car marketplace that makes selling and buying cars between direct owners and sellers a breeze. Our mission is to be the marketplace of choice for all automotive needs, providing customers with trustworthy alternatives for improving mobility. We'll catalyse change in the automotive ecosystem by driving higher standards, reshaping the industry with our solutions and empowering everybody with the experience they deserve.
By matching direct buyers and direct sellers through our web and mobile platform, we cut out any middleman’s involvement. Through this, we promote transparency and trust in the car purchase experience, and facilitate and guide people through the entire purchase lifecycle (including transfers, car loans, insurance process, car workshops, accessories).
Headquartered in Singapore, we have a fun and fast-paced work environment with lots of opportunities. The team is filled with diligent, energetic individuals.
- Work with product, business, marketing, design teams to build, develop, improve test and deploy high-quality frontend features, systems
- Troubleshoot bugs and issues
Who would succeed in this role? Someone who is...
-- A superb frontend developer, skilled in coding: React/JS (bonus if you use Laravel/ React Native
- Hands-on experience developing application(s) from scratch
- Strong communication skills, team player, positive learning attitude,
- Enjoys challenges & learning, Able to work fast under tight deadlines (we have a lot of exciting stuff to build)!
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly adaptable (we are always finding better ways to do things!)
*We know React is rather new so we welcome fresh grads with the right attitude.
*Due to the Singapore government foreign worker work pass quota restrictions, applicants must already be legally allowed to work in Singapore (E.g SG citizen/ PR/ DP)
What's in for you?
With the right attitude (e.g. proactive, persistent goal-getters who think ahead & strive for continual improvement and excellence, and willingly goes beyond their call of duty to propel the company to greater heights), Carro would be a rewarding and challenging place to grow, contribute, & even forge lifelong friendships.
You can look forward to:
- A dynamic, fast- growing and fast- paced environment where things are always evolving as we constantly strive to improve
- A caring, friendly team that supports each other to achieve their personal & company goals
- Contributing to the noble mission of becoming the marketplace of choice for all automotive needs, by providing everyone with trustworthy solutions, higher standards, and & top-notch experiences.
- Professionally & personal development (opportunities are endless; it’s up to you to grab them!)
- Working closely with & learning from experienced engineers; proposing & implementing your ideas
- A well-stocked pantry & regular team meals/ outings!
What’s it like working at Carro?
Life at Carro:
Headquartered in Singapore, working at Carro is fast-paced and exciting, with plenty of opportunities to express your skills and talents. The team is filled with caring, pro-active go-getters who are always looking for new ways to push the industry forward.
That’s not all, we also make sure everyone here is well taken care of with an abundant and plentiful stock of food and drink in our pantry.
Carro’s company culture is driven by our values of ‘Trust’ and ‘Care’ towards our customers while always challenging ourselves and the industry by leading change through constant learning, refining and evolving.