Job description & requirements
We are looking for a great tech lead to join and help lead our mobile application development and technology efforts.
This role is one of the key roles in the company. We want you to be a leader and grow and expand with us as we grow.
This role is/will be a combination of hands on application development; hiring / mentoring / training; and team leadership / project management.
- Build innovative, exceptional and well-engineered mobile applications with intuitive, well-designed user interfaces that satisfy both internal and external customer requirements.
- Lead and manage internal and external development resources for assigned projects.
- Responsible for the overall development of mobile applications.
- In the future you will help to hire, build and coach an internal team of mobile developers.
- Participate in the organization and planning of development resources and schedules.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other related meetings with stakeholders.
- Adapt plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices.
- Appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones, and cultivating that same appetite in the development team.
- Minimum 6 years experience in Software Development and 3-4 years of native/hybrid mobile application development.
- Experience leading or managing a team of developers (involved both technically and in project management / resource management)
- Proven expertise in iOS and Android application programming (Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, xCode, interface builder, Java, Android SDK). Our current app is built using Ionic, with AWS back-end.
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store and the Android market.
- You must have a deep understanding of traditional relational database and how to architect a structure that can scale. Knowledge of non-relational database is also a plus.
- Experience in .Net
- Strong experience in AWS
- Experience with Server side technologies (Ruby, PHP, ASP, etc) is essential, as well as integration with 3rd party Apps/platforms/Services etc
- Expertise in mobile video delivery and playback.
- Proven results oriented person with good communication skills and a delivery and quality focus.
- Experience managing projects using Jira and Github.
- Experience in developments with high traffic and high data usage is a plus.
- Experience with Zendesk, Stripe is a plus.
- World class - for our company to be the best, we want to employ the best. We want you to be excellent at what you do.
- Team Player - we want someone who can work within a team environment well. Someone that truly believes the best outcome comes from the sum of many parts.
- Doer – we believe talk is cheap. We want people of action who just get the job done. Someone who takes responsibility, finds a solution, helps solve the problem and who gets things done with a minimum of fuss.
- BS cutter - you know what we mean. We’re not into politics or games at Active8me. We’re into honest communication, integrity and saying it how it is.
- Passion – we believe that to do something great you need to be passionate about what you do and passionate about why you’re doing it.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU NEED TO BE CURRENTLY LIVING IN SINGAPORE OR ABLE TO EASILY RE-LOCATE.
What’s it like working at Active8me?
We're all about having great, passionate people who will come on this incredible journey with us and help create Active8me to be all it can be. Our culture and the people we are looking for are:
- World class and excellent at what they do
- Team players and truly believe the best outcome comes from the sum of many parts
- Self-motivated doers who take the initiative, take responsibility, find solutions and are less talk, more action.
- BS cutters - we’re not into politics or games at Active8me. We’re into honest and open communication, integrity and saying it how it is.
- Passionate, enthusiastic, optimistic
- Have a passion for fitness, nutrition, and healthy active living.