Job description & requirements
Tech in Asia (YC W15) is a media, events, and jobs platform for Asia’s tech communities. At Tech in Asia, you can keep abreast of the latest news, share your own thoughts, and find talent or jobs best suited to your needs.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build user interfaces with hard real-time requirements of a naturally highly concurrent nature. Much of your work will revolve around wrangling real-time requests through websockets with a significant need for low level optimisation due to expected high volume of data to be displayed in the UI.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a UI or product engineering role (iOS/Android experience included)
• Non-trivial experience with at least one widely-used front end framework (Angular/React/Vue etc.)
• Basic understanding of functional programming concepts (immutability, list manipulation, recursion)
• Experience (whether personal or professional) with functional programming languages (Scala, Clojure, Reason, etc.) is a plus
• Familiarity with modern web build systems (Webpack, Babel)
• Not afraid of unfamiliar technology with crappy documentation
• Comfortable with writing abstractions over low-level and/or experimental interfaces (e.g. JSON-RPC, gRPC, websockets)
What’s it like working at Tech in Asia?
Despite working together in a largely online environment, our team at Tech in Asia (YC W15) has a pretty rich culture. We believe that we have something unique, so we’ve captured the essence of Tech in Asia’s culture in the deck embedded here. Just so people – be it our readers or future members of the Tech in Asia family – understand who we really are. Our culture code:
- We're obsessed with our users and customers, not competitors
- We believe in work+life, not work versus life
- We communicate transparently within team members
- We're focused on data and KPIs
- We get things done with a strong sense of urgency
Who are we looking for to join our team?
We're looking for team players who are:
- Willing to fight for the greater cause and not for self glory
- Genuinely nice people with a kind heart
- Not looking for a short-term return
- Not looking for a 9-to-5 job but is seeking for a roller-coaster ride with a team of crazy people
- Believes in our mission, values, and culture
- Works hard and plays hard