About the role
We are looking for an embedded software (Firmware) engineer to join our growing product development team. As an expert in embedded solutions, you will be working on both hardware and software side of things.
The candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide technical inputs to hardware design engineers when choosing an embedded platform (MCU) during the conceptualization stage.
- Develop and verify software specifications prior to implementation.
- Work on prototype boards to develop Proof of Concept (PoC) for new designs.
- Develop and maintain firmware for embedded platforms.
- Create and manage documentation of firmware for ongoing and future projects.
- Develop test scripts for production programming and testing of PCBs.
- Assist hardware designers with board bring-up.
- Test and debug firmware to ensure compliance with all use cases.
The candidate must fulfil the following requirements:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in electrical engineering or computer science
- Minimum four years of experience in embedded software development and should have thorough knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- The candidate must have successfully completed at least two product development projects and one of the projects must have included an RTOS based system.
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Working knowledge of Linux and version control systems.
- Familiarity handling test equipment like, multi-meters, digital storage oscilloscope etc.
- Singaporeans and PR preferred.