Epic Front-end Developer Needed: Do you have what it takes?
I'm gonna ask you to stop whatever else you're doing. Stop scrolling Instagram out of the corner of your eye. Also, could you pause Netflix, please? Trust me, Black Mirror can wait. Oh - and remove those stylish headphones of yours cranking those indie tunes, 'cause I'm gonna need your full attention for this one, pal.
Are you ready? Cool, let's go!
I'm sure you're used to pounding your keyboard and spitting out some crisp code, but after a while, it can feel kind of boring, am I right? Perhaps even pointless? After all, it's not all about the code; It's about making a dent in the world.
If you're nodding your head, read on… I want to tell you about the benefits of joining our team and why it could be just the right move for you.
But first, some info about Intersection Ventures (www.intersection.ventures).
We're a technology venture builder focused on launching, growing and investing in high-potential startups by applying collective intelligence.
Yes, I said STARTUPS, as in more than one.
The first startup you'll be working on is already live. Tutorean (www.tutorean.co.uk) is a platform that uses artificial intelligence to connect students and tutors. Check it out. We're open to feedback, hint, hint. ;)
But this is just the beginning (cue dramatic music)...
Our plan is to launch 6 startups and invest in 5 more. For this exciting (and challenging goal) we're looking for talented and hard-working individuals who want to be a part of a high-performing, market-disrupting, fun-having team.
What you will be doing...
- Developing new smooth web user interfaces, prototypes, and MVPs
- Bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, ensuring technical feasibility
- Translating the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimizing application for speed and scalability
- Executing work that adheres to best practice brand and consistency standards
- Collaborating with Product and other team members to prioritize work
- Participating in code reviews and sharing knowledge
- Iterating fast with an agile project management process and Kanban boards
- Be enthusiastic, optimistic and great problem solver
- Be hungry to investigate emerging creative and technology trends
- Be autonomous and able to work well under pressure
- Love a rigorous debate with your colleagues and embrace change, lots of change
- A graduate degree in a Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
- A solid understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and RESTful API calls
- An understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficiency in cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- An understanding of accessibility, SEO principles and its implications on web applications
- An eagerness for lean, pragmatic and well-tested code (Mocha and/or Jasmine experience is a bonus)
- Have an European work permit, no remote option
Nice to have
- Live and breathe OSS while preparing for the worst flaws, like XSS, CSRF, etc
- This is the opportunity to be a part of something big, no HUGE! You will have the opportunity to disrupt entire industries - and have fun while doing so.
- Live (and drink and eat) in sunny Lisbon. Need I say more? Do I? Okay, our offices are located on the banks of the Tagus river, just 2 minutes away from the Timeout Market and dozens of bars.
- Flexible work hours. Bottom line is you need to get sh!t done.
- Access to our game room where some pretty epic FIFA Games are known to take place.
- Paintball, escape rooms and canoeing sound fun? Well, wait 'till you actually join us!
We've been called the Navy Seals of the startup world. Ok, nobody has us called us that, yet, but we're trying to make it stick.
Congrats buddy, you made it to the end of this job description. If you dug our vibe and think you might be the one, be sure to apply.
Looking forward to hearing from you, and beating you in FIFA ;)