Octopus Labs is not your typical financial services company.
We want to change the world of finance for the better, with easy-to-use products and services that help people to manage their money.
We were launched in a bedroom 15 years ago, growing to 500 employees and £6 billion (with a b) under management today.
We're building a series of fintech platforms that will take the industry by storm, and to facilitate that, we are building a new tech team in the heart of Lisbon.
You will be a key part of a small team that will build very high volume fintech platforms from the ground up. You'll be one of the first "on the ground" in Lisbon, so we will need you to take responsibility for laying the foundations for the team based in the city.
We love entrepreneurs, so we're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
We're ideally looking for a candidate who can work from our new co-work office in Lisbon, but are willing to consider:
- Someone in the commuter belt who would come in to the office 2-3 days per week, and work from home the remainder of the time.
- Fully remote working for somebody who is within a reasonable timezone difference (+/- 3 hours).
- Python developer with 3+ years of experience.
- MySQL and Git familiarity
- You have a "can do" attitude and love to experiment, tinker and play..
- You've failed often enough to know you're not perfect.
- (But secretly you know you're pretty darn good).
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
- Very diverse/multinational team.
- Laptop of your choice.
- Frequent paid travel to our London office.