Job description & requirements
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build user interfaces with hard real-time requirements of a naturally highly concurrent nature. Much of your work will revolve around wrangling real-time requests through websockets with a significant need for low level optimisation due to expected high volume of data to be displayed in the UI.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a UI or product engineering role (iOS/Android experience included)
• Non-trivial experience with at least one widely-used front end framework (Angular/React/Vue etc.)
• Basic understanding of functional programming concepts (immutability, list manipulation, recursion)
• Experience (whether personal or professional) with functional programming languages (Scala, Clojure, Reason, etc.) is a plus
• Familiarity with modern web build systems (Webpack, Babel)
• Not afraid of unfamiliar technology with crappy documentation
• Comfortable with writing abstractions over low-level and/or experimental interfaces (e.g. JSON-RPC, gRPC, websockets)
What’s it like working at Tribe?
Our culture code:
- We're obsessed with our users and customers, not competitors
- We believe in work+life, not work versus life
- We communicate transparently within team members
- We're focused on data and KPIs
- We get things done with a strong sense of urgency
Who are we looking for to join our team?
We're looking for team players who are:
- Willing to fight for the greater cause and not for self glory
- Genuinely nice people with a kind heart
- Not looking for a short-term return
- Not looking for a 9-to-5 job but is seeking for a roller-coaster ride with a team of crazy people
- Believes in our mission, values, and culture
- Works hard and plays hard