Job description & requirements
ZomWork is a small company with big plans. With our platform, companies can find talented people to take on projects from graphic design, to marketing, to app development flexibly and reliably to companies and individuals with the right skills, and expertise. We strive to create a worldwide community of knowledge workers who will learn, earn and live both on our platform and at our physical space; serving the creative needs of hundreds of thousands of companies worldwide.
ZomWork is a joint-venture company co-owned by two partners. Zhubajie.com is the dominant leader (with >80% of the market) for freelancing work in China and is valued at US$1Bn. Singapore Press Holdings Ltd is not only Singapore’s dominant newspaper, magazine and radio company, but also owns successful digital properties like Sgcartmart, Shareinvestor, Hardwarezone, and Stomp.
The China Market Specialist supports ZomWork by communicating with Singaporean vendors to create packaged services- including pricing and marketing materials- to be offered to the Zhubajie.com China customers. These projects are likely to be focused around international expansion, especially digital marketing- Facebook, Google, and so on; company incorporation in Singapore; and e-Commerce registration. The China Market Specialist will be the bridge between China customers and Singapore vendors, working with the China customers to understand their needs and suggest different relevant services, while also working with appropriate Singapore vendors who can meet these needs.
The ideal fit will be a person who is people-focused, and who is keen on communicating closely on a day to day basis, with multiple new China clients via WeChat. He or she will also need to be entrepreneurial, quickly talking to and packaging products across multiple vendors from end-to-end; including deciding on pricing and creating marketing materials himself.
The kind of people we're eager to work with:
• Has a can-do attitude.
• Can work independently and resourcefully to do whatever it takes to succeed.
• Perhaps the most important- is excited and motivated to be part of a startup team, where things move fast, and change even faster.
• Communicate with Singapore vendors to create packages of services to be offered to China clients, including deciding on pricing; and creating communications/ marketing
• Interface directly with all the clients that Zhubajie.com is sending to ZomWork.
• Understand China client needs (in Chinese) via WeChat, and educate + upsell them to other services locals can provide. Translate these needs to English for local vendors to understand if necessary.
• Be the bridge between Singaporean vendors and China clients, stepping in to moderate calls, take questions, and sometimes directly presenting the work on behalf of the Singaporean vendor if necessary.materials.
• Experience in marketing and/or BD roles preferred, especially B2B.
• China nationals preferred.
• Based in Singapore.
• Fluency in written and spoken mandarin is required.
What’s it like working at ZomWork?
We focus on ownership, delegated decision-making, and moving quickly. "Done is better than perfect"- we're always moving forward.