Job description & requirements
You will be in charge of developing iOS apps for Tech in Asia. Tech in Asia (YC W15) is a media, events, and jobs platform for Asia’s tech communities. At Tech in Asia, you can keep abreast of the latest news, share your own thoughts, and find talent or jobs best suited to your needs. Connect with startups, investors, corporates and more, at our annual conferences held in Singapore, Bangalore, Tokyo, and Jakarta. Our iOS app should not just be a replica of our web platform. It should additionally enrich our users’ experience through location-aware features and personalisations.
Your responsibilities include working with other team members on new and existing app features. You should be comfortable with the product development process, which will regularly involve you interfacing with product managers, designers, and other engineers. You should be able to move quick yet be meticulous enough to work independently.
You will be fully supported by our web engineers, who will assist with the required backend services. The engineering team is comfortable experimenting with new frameworks and engineering methodologies. We keep up-to-date with emerging technologies. Yet, we maintain pragmatism in our drive for innovation. We appreciate others who share the same passion as us, and we’re an open bunch of folks. :D
- Minimum 3+ years of iOS development experience
- Have published at least one original iOS app
- A deep familiarity with Objective-C and/or Swift
- Experience working with REST-based microservices
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Can-do attitude and flexibility in a fast-moving environment
- Being passionate and comfortable with a fun-loving culture
- Must be based in Singapore
What’s it like working at Tech in Asia?
Despite working together in a largely online environment, our team at Tech in Asia (YC W15) has a pretty rich culture. We believe that we have something unique, so we’ve captured the essence of Tech in Asia’s culture in the deck embedded here. Just so people – be it our readers or future members of the Tech in Asia family – understand who we really are. Our culture code:
- We're obsessed with our users and customers, not competitors
- We believe in work+life, not work versus life
- We communicate transparently within team members
- We're focused on data and KPIs
- We get things done with a strong sense of urgency
Who are we looking for to join our team?
We're looking for team players who are:
- Willing to fight for the greater cause and not for self glory
- Genuinely nice people with a kind heart
- Not looking for a short-term return
- Not looking for a 9-to-5 job but is seeking for a roller-coaster ride with a team of crazy people
- Believes in our mission, values, and culture
- Works hard and plays hard