Job description & requirements
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Risk and Compliance Manager is responsible for three broad functional areas within FOMO Pay Pte. Ltd.:
1. Risk policies and processes:
• Developing and delivering new regulatory and risk management strategies, policies and internal controls.
• Creating business requirements to ensure risks are mitigated and the firm is adherent to regulatory policies.
• Development and maintenance of financial risk processes for defining mitigating actions and monitoring their implementation;
• Ensuring successful delivery of regulatory and risk transformation projects, ensuring stakeholders are managed, and resolving implementation obstacles.
• Staying abreast of new financial services regulations and events.
• Identification and treatment of emerging financial risks.
• Value added commentary to financial risk reporting regarding risk processes and (risk) compliance.
• Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
• Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
• Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks.
• Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
2. Internal Audit/Assurance:
• Manage the overall execution and completion of assigned audit projects on a timely basis.
• Developing the draft Internal Audit Plan in conjunction with the CEO, CFO and internal auditors for presentation to the Audit Committee for approval;
• Facilitating internal audit reviews, including organizing meetings with relevant FOMO Digital staff and external service providers.
• Manage the audit focus onto key risks and ensure efficient & effective delivery with the highest quality, in compliance with professional standards and audit policies.
• Work closely with audit colleagues in the early identification of emerging control issues and report them timely to audit management and business.
Key Skill Set:
• Experience of definition and set-up of Risk Management Frameworks (including quantitative aspects)
• Knowledge of Risk Appetite and development of Risk Appetite Statements
• Understanding of Operational Risk management and Operational Risk frameworks (including quantitative aspects)
· Very good academic degree at a top university; Bachelor degree in finance, law, business, or equivalent disciplines.
· Good knowledge of the international financial laws and regulations in an international financial institution
· Possess good interpersonal skills, keen in problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
· An attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature
· Ideally be flexible and have a hands-on in work style, with the ability to work independently
· Certified compliance professional is a plus
· Project management experience is an advantage
· Analytical and reliable
· Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Chinese & English
What’s it like working at FOMO PAY PTE LTD?
Since 2015, clients have trusted FOMO to provide various digital payment solutions. Our team has served clients from various industries, including Changi Airport, Starhub, MBS etc., and worked closely with mobile wallet provider such as WeChat, mVisa, NETSPay, Grab Pay, etc.
We are now looking for new blood to join their dynamic team, with friendly working environment and talented cohort.
Work in a most promising startup, and join Us Now!
Awards & Media:
○ Forbes 30 under 30 2018 Winner - Finance & VC Category
○ NTT Data Global Open Innovation Contest Grand Judge Award 2018
○ MAS FinTech Awards Winner 2017
○ MAS SGQR Taskforce to Develop Common QR Code for Singapore
○ The Best Fintech Company 2017 - Seamless Asia (Cards & Payment) 2017
○ TiECON 2017 Singapore Delegate at Silicon Valley
○ Next Money Fintech Finalist 2017 by VISA
○ Oracle, DBS, Unilever Accelerator Cohort
○ Global Payment Summit 2016
○ Channel News Asia - One Stop Chinese Payment Solution (link attached)
○ South China Morning Post - FOMO Pay set to help Southeast Asian retailers tap Chinese tourist mobile payments
○ Yahoo Finance / SCMP / Finews Asia / MIS Asia / FIN Extra/新浪财经/信报/苹果日报/东方日报/今日头条/联合晚报/联合早报
○ MAS SGQR Taskforce to Develop Common QR Code For Singapore
○ MAS Announces Finalists for the Global FinTech Hackcelerator and FinTech Awards
○ Singapore FinTech Festival