Job description & requirements
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, and Customer Success - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
Come join us!
About the Role
This is a great opportunity to be an early member of a high performing sales team at a fast growing technology company. We are looking for ownership-oriented team members with excellent communication skills and technical curiosity. The Business Development Representative (BDR) program is a 12 to 18 month program in which you will:
- Create excellent customer experiences
- Learn customer-centric sales skills
- Become an expert in Cloudflare’s product
Upon completion of this program, team members have opportunities to move into roles across the organization, especially in mid-market sales, customer success, solutions engineering, and sales operations.
- Develop new business opportunities from inbound and marketing-generated leads
- Identify target accounts for new outbound sales campaigns
- Develop new business opportunities through strategic outreach
- Meet target quota related to number of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline, and closed business.
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Play an active role in the creation and iteration of team processes
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Must be proficient in Japanese (verbal & written)
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
What’s it like working at CloudFlare?
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better web. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We already serve more web traffic than Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, Apple, and Instagram combined. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects hundreds of millions of web surfers overnight. We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building a world-class company.