CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and most recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in six offices.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join our awesome team in Lisbon.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems, help automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments, using Agile methodologies.
- Design, develop, test and evolve systems and tools to support and maintain cloud infrastructure. Profile stable environments for developers, integrations and production.
- Monitor and improve the performance and ensure the scalability and reliability of the R&D infrastructure used by developers
- Providing direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production
- Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Designing, implementing and testing agreed-upon infrastructures
- Automating deployment of all of our components, managing all infrastructure and networking configuration
- Contribute to improve our development and team process.
- 4+ years’ experience as a system administrator
- Solid DevOps knowledge: AWS (EBS, EC2, Network, Lambda, Management, etc. ), Jenkins, Automation Deployment, Network
- Experience in scripting development in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java
- Solid foundations on System Administration, Ubuntu, Ant, Linux, Network Management and Bash scripting language
- Experience with monitoring practices and tools
- Experience with Postgres, MongoDB
- Experience with testing practices and tools is a Plus
- Experience with Node and AngularJS is a Plus
- Knowledge on SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL databases is a plus