Animoca Brands Limited can provide a visa.
About the role....
As our Senior 3D Artist, you will be required to bring to the table creativity when designing stylized and realistic graphics for our games and apps. You will have experience in creating at least some of the following: Environments, Characters, Lighting or Animation.
You should be able to follow style guides from different brands and occasionally engage with game engines. You will collaborate with others on projects including game designers, programmers, and other artists to create rich assets as per technical requirements or as envisioned by the Producer.
This is a leadership role in which you will draw on your experience to guide and mentor a team of artists, locally and abroad; you will be responsible for keeping them aligned with project requirements and also lend to the development of their skills and careers.
- Modeling, texturing and animation for apps and games;
- Stylized low-poly character and environment creation and production;
- Producing high-quality 3D game or app previews;
- Optimization and maintenance of scenes, character assets and particle effects;
- Support engineering development by updating and modifying artwork to meet technical requirements in a timely and efficient manner;
- Contribute and advise on style and direction of new game/app, keeping in mind limitations associated with software and project milestones;
- Work with the Production team and other artists to define key milestones and deliverables and contribute towards improving production pipeline;
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production;
- Actively accept and provide feedback and critique to/from Producer, Leads and artists;
- Act as the intermediary between Producer and art team to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of game/app assets;
- Make a significant, direct contribution to the creation of art within the organization;
- Keep up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in our industry and pertaining to your field.
- Must have 3-5 years or above experience in games, apps or equivalent. Ideally worked on at least 1 shipped app or game;
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience;
- 3D Max and Photoshop are must. Familiar with Illustrator, After Effect, Premiere Application are advantageous;
- Excellent graphic, illustration and conceptual skills;
- Strong awareness for real time graphics issues;
- Proficiency in special effects and concept drawing will be an advantage;
- Experience creating and rendering environments in 3ds max or other tool is a plus;
- Experience with Maya, Unity 3D or other 3D software packages and Z-Brush is a plus;
- Experience with UI design for web or mobile apps is a plus;
- Interest in computer games, game development or mobile apps a plus;
- Only candidates with digital portfolios will be considered.
- 5-day work week
- 15 days annual leave
- Medical, Life & Personal Accident insurance
- Free company shuttle bus to and from selected MTR station daily
- Casual work attire
- Free coffee, tea and fruit daily
- Multi-cultural work environment (15 nationalities and counting!)
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- Diverse range of game and app genres: learn and try different projects from time to time
- Regular (and fun) company activities
- Other leaves (Marriage Leave, Compassionate Leave, Exam Leave)
To apply for this position please send your CV with position applied, current and expected salaries to us.