Animoca Brands Limited can provide a visa.
About the role....
As Senior 2D Artist, you will be required to bring to the table creativity when designing graphics for our games and apps. You will have experience in creating at least some of the following: Environments, Characters, Lighting, VFX, Animation, UI and concept art. You will also focus on UI architecture, interface and interaction flow of mobile applications.
You should be able to follow style guides from different brands and occasionally engage with game engines. You will collaborate with others on projects including game designers, programmers, and technical artists to create rich assets as per technical requirements or as envisioned by the Producer.
This is a leadership role in which you will draw on your experience to guide and mentor a team of artists, locally and abroad; you will be responsible for keeping them aligned with project requirements and also lend to the development of their skills and careers.
- Work with the Production team and other artists to define key milestones and deliverables and contribute towards improving production pipeline
- Designing graphics for mobile games, apps, e-book content and other publications as necessary
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production
- Support engineering development by updating and modifying artwork to meet technical requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Actively accept and provide feedback and critique to/from Producer, Leads and artists
- Act as the intermediary between Producer and art team to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of game assets
- Make a significant, direct contribution to the creation of art within the organisation
- Keep up-to-date on graphic techniques, trends, styles, etc. in our industry.
- Must have 5 years or above experience in games, apps, children's publications or equivalent. Ideally worked on at least 2-3 titles from pre-production through finalization
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience
- Strong awareness for real time graphics issues
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and After Effects
- Experience with 3d Studio Max, Maya, Spine, Unity is a plus
- Experience with UI design for web or mobile apps is a plus
- Excellent graphic, hand drawing, illustration and conceptual skills
- Interest in mobile games, computer games, game development, or creating artwork targeted at children
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as 2D Artist
- Only candidates with an online (or PDF) portfolio will be considered
- 5-day work week
- 15 days annual leave
- Medical, Life & Personal Accident insurance
- Free company shuttle bus to and from select MTR stations daily
- Casual work attire
- Free coffee, tea and fruit daily
- Multi-cultural work environment (15 nationalities and counting!)
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- Diverse range of game and app genres: learn and try different projects from time to time
- Regular (and fun) company activities
- Other leaves (Marriage Leave, Compassionate Leave, Exam Leave)
To apply for this position please send your resume with the reference number, position applied, current and expected salary to us.