Job description & requirements
As our Lead UI/UX, you'll be in-charge of the overall Tech in Asia's Media, Events, and Jobs desktop, mobile web, and app design. In a nutshell, your responsibilities will require you to manage, inspire, and lead other designers by creating guides and processes. You are also required to own the TIA Jobs design so you remain "on the ground."
We often run usability tests and rely on data to determine what's best for users. Naturally, your role will also allow you to gain hands-on experience on users and product research, giving you a say in major product decisions. You will be working alongside similarly talented and self-driven team members who are looking to make an impact on the tech scene in Asia. If this sounds good to you, you’ve already got one foot in the door.
- At least 4 years web design experience
- Mastery in web and mobile design user interface and user experience
- Mastery in Sketch and Adobe Illustrator
- Great creativity and imagination in both design and copywriting
- Keen to pick up new design techniques and concepts
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Use Invision to quickly build prototypes for usability tests
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Can-do attitude and flexibility in a fast-moving environment
- Being passionate and comfortable with a fun-loving culture
- Experience with React/Angular/JS-frontend libraries and frameworks a plus
- Preferably be based in Singapore
What’s it like working at Tech in Asia?
Despite working together in a largely online environment, our team at Tech in Asia (YC W15) has a pretty rich culture. We believe that we have something unique, so we’ve captured the essence of Tech in Asia’s culture in the deck embedded here. Just so people – be it our readers or future members of the Tech in Asia family – understand who we really are. Our culture code:
- We're obsessed with our users and customers, not competitors
- We believe in work+life, not work versus life
- We communicate transparently within team members
- We're focused on data and KPIs
- We get things done with a strong sense of urgency
Who are we looking for to join our team?
We're looking for team players who are:
- Willing to fight for the greater cause and not for self glory
- Genuinely nice people with a kind heart
- Not looking for a short-term return
- Not looking for a 9-to-5 job but is seeking for a roller-coaster ride with a team of crazy people
- Believes in our mission, values, and culture
- Works hard and plays hard