Job description & requirements
MetroResidences is currently seeking a hands-on, junior front-end engineer to join our Product team in Singapore. Engineers are responsible for building, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, producing clean and compliant code along with working with server-side engineers to integrate it all into a final product.
As a key member of the Product team, you will be working closely together with UX designers and the backend team to bring our products to life.
The Product team looks after a wide range of in-house developed products. So you’ll be responsible not only for building the website for our customers but helping to build and develop our custom built CMS and integrations with 3rd party systems that the company uses everyday.
- Proven knowledge and experience with any SPA frameworks, eg: React (Angular/Vue will be a bonus).
- Experience translating design comps and wireframes into semantically correct web templates.
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design principles, and translating them into fluid and responsive templates.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for load-time reduction and accessibility.
- Experience with source/version control (eg: Git).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Proven ability to communicate with technical development team and make effective recommendations.
- Love of logic and problem-solving!
What we’d like to see:
- Experience in front-end web development.
- Knowledge of Progress Web Apps a big plus.
- Proficient in React and/or NodeJS.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and strong time management and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills.
You are a thinker, a logical mind ready to tackle the day-to-day challenges all modern web developers face. You seek best practices and share your knowledge with others.You care deeply about the client's business. You love working in teams; collaborating with technologists, designers, user interaction designers and strategists.
What’s it like working at MetroResidences?
Work in an organization that values innovation and fresh ideas. We work hard and play hard. Young team