You’re an enthusiastic Software Architect (m/f) looking to build the next generation of mobility apps? Then we are looking for you!
Wunder is a mobility marketplace and tech platform providing carpooling, smart shuttles, and free-floating sharing to end customers, corporates, and cities. Our goal is to build the best mobility tech company in the world.
We are providing the full stack of new mobility solutions. We deploy our technologies directly to consumers in Asia, Europe, the United States, and Latin America as well as in technology partnerships with cities and corporates.
At Wunder, our mission is to solve traffic in the world’s most gridlocked cities through carpooling. It’s an epic mission that requires a combination of technology and community. Striving for excellence in these two areas is what makes us different. To create the best experience for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for showing ownership in an environment where we value trust, impact and speed.
- Develop strategic vision for the products architecture
- Develop architectural roadmap for web/mobile/backend products based on a deep working knowledge of the Wunder's products, architecture - trends and emerging technologies
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to identify their requirements and translate them into applications capabilities
- Perform architecture and design reviews to ensure implementations' consistency and quality
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions
- Architect the systems for high scalability, performance and availability
- Partner with the infrastructure team on building adequate physical environment
- Evaluate new technologies, develop POC and demos
- Stay current with a broad range of industry trends, technologies and architecture
- A person interested in this job should be technically savvy, communicate effectively and have a strong curiosity for emerging technologies.
- 5+ years' experience in the architect and leadership role
- Extensive prior experience with complex software products' architecture
- Strong knowledge of modern development processes
- Experience in modern programming languages and corresponding frameworks (Ruby, Elixir, NodeJS)
- Extensive experience with services oriented architecture and API
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases
- Working knowledge of software security
- Experience in capacity planning and performance analysis
- Experience in building high performance, highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with architecting and deploying service in public clouds, preferably Google Cloud and AWS
- You will have a positive social impact on the world, as we continue to make road travel smarter and more sustainable.
- You will work in a fast-paced environment with a highly agile team of dynamic, hyper-motivated and talented individuals.
- You will join a global company, with a real international culture and vision; multi-lingual and highly mobile.
- You will be part of a supportive team that shares knowledge and desires for each member to reach their full potential and continue learning.
- You will enter a high-growth structure which means that you will be constantly challenged and that your responsibilities will grow fast and change regularly.
- Other perks: You will be part of regular office events and teambuilding.
- Beginning: We will help you with your visa application, German admin help (finding an apartment, etc.) and onboarding.
- Share options: Being part of the sharing economy, every employee will have the option to take part in the success of the company.