Job description & requirements
Circles.Life is World’s first and most successful digital telco. We have a mission: to re-imagine the mobile experience for the digital consumer through our customer-centric mobile platform and disrupt the multi-trillion dollar global telco industry.
We launched our services in Singapore in 2016 and have since gained market share quickly while delivering best-in-class customer experience. Currently, Circles.Life beats all other telcos on metrics like NPS, subscriber growth, average data used per subscriber and overall customer satisfaction.
We have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer (Android) who wants to gain valuable experience and exposure at a rapidly scaling telco startup in Singapore.
Do you want to get first hand insights on how a rapidly scaling tech startup operate?
Do you enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment, having the personal freedom to act, and be part of a fun, energetic team who are running at full speed to ignite a digital disruption in the telecommunications industry?
If the answer is YES, read on to find out more about the role at Circles.Life!
Our Product Engineering Team at Circles.Life work hard to build various mobile, website and backend systems in order to deliver the digital user experience for our customers. Keeping our customer experience a simple process is not an easy task. We provide a great environment and platform for our engineers to grow their skills and their career. In this role, you can expect:
- Opportunity to grow with the team and learn new technologies! (Think Hybrid Technologies like React Native!)
- Working on applications that directly impact our Customer’s Digital Experience with us a digital telco!
- Exposure to working across different teams all the while sharing your ideas and innovating together in an open-culture concept!
As our Senior Software Engineer (Android), you will be working with our team to create a suite of world-class apps which will 'WOW!' our customers and the public, just like how our technology does.
As a key member of our team, you will be:
- Taking ownership of the suite of applications
- Involved in the entire lifecycle of mobile application development
- Working on code analysis and optimisation of applications
- Identifying and recommending architectural and technical enhancement features
- Working on design enhancements
- Applying your creativity and critical thinking skills to solve challenging problems
- Passion for Technology, Telecommunications and Disruptive models
- A Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of working experience in Android Programming (Java, Android SDK)
- 1+ years of working experience in Android NDK (C/C++, JNI, Android NDK)
- A strong Java programming and design patterns foundation
- Portfolio of published applications
- Good communication and interpersonal communications skills
- Solid experience in developing consumer facing mobile applications and integrate it with the web services
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool such as Git
- Knowledge of C, C++ and VoIP technology and protocols such as SIP, SDP, RTP/RTCP, Audio/Video codec will be a plus
What’s it like working at Circles.Life?
Circles Asia and Circles.Life are brought to you by Liberty Wireless Pte. Ltd., a Singapore company incorporated in 2014. Liberty Wireless shareholders are established individuals and institutions with deep experience in the telco sector from Singapore and the region.
It was set up by a team who is passionate about changing the regional mobile telco landscape to make things better for customers because we believe they should get more out of life. More importantly, they want to set an example of telco innovation for the region, from our home base in Singapore.
- Put Power back to the hand of Customers
- Leading Innovation in the Telecom Industry
- Create a Great Place to Work to support Learning and Growth of Circles.Lifers
- Be OPEN-minded. Respect all views.
- WOW customers. Take pride in delivering HAPPINESS.
- Be BOLD. Dare to Innovate.
- Work Hard. Work Smart. Take Ownership.
- Stay Humble. Act with Integrity.
- Keep on LEARNING. Keep on GROWING.