Job description & requirements
Zilliqa is looking for highly self-motivated software engineers to join the team and work together to deliver the mission of Zilliqa as a high-throughput platform for decentralized applications.
Zilliqa (https://www.zilliqa.com/) is a new public blockchain platform for high-throughput applications. It brings the theory of sharding to practice with its novel protocol that increases transaction rates as its network expands. The latest experimental results demonstrate a throughput of more than 2,400 transactions per second, which is over 200 times higher than that of today's popular blockchains. The platform is tailored towards enabling high-throughput data-driven decentralized apps, designed to meet the scaling requirements of applications in areas such as digital marketing, payment, shared economy and rights management. Zilliqa has been under research and development for two years, with several commercial applications in different sectors. For more tech information, please read our position paper (https://docs.zilliqa.com/positionpaper.pdf), white paper(https://docs.zilliqa.com/whitepaper.pdf) and blogs(https://blog.zilliqa.com).
What Zilliqa offers
The Zilliqa project is a challenging mix of different fields in Computer Science including but not limited to distributed systems, networks, system and application security, cryptography and programming languages. It offers a unique opportunity to apply cutting-edge research advances into building a system that opens up avenues to real-world decentralized applications. The Zilliqa team (https://www.zilliqa.com/team.html) consists of excellent researchers in the blockchain space and developers with experience of building large-scale secure systems. We offer competitive salary, relocation to Singapore, a creative work environment and a special opportunity to get involved with an ever growing blockchain community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver code that turns the vision and roadmap of Zilliqa into monthly milestones.
- Design overall architecture of the web applications with innovative UI elements, e.g., wallet and explorer.
- UI/UX design and maintain our web infrastructure including AngularJS apps, JS libraries
- Document designs, development, and testing to facilitate teamwork and collaboration.
- Work closely with collaborators in the community or partner enterprises.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Good knowledge of data structures / algorithms and Linux programming.
- Highly experienced with at least two of server/client-side programming languages such as node.js, Python and/or Go.
- Hands-on experience on any of the RDBMS/No-SQL databases such as, Mysql, LevelDB, and MongoDB.
- Familiarity with version control systems and CI such as Github and Travis is a bonus
- Familiarity with build and testing tools such as Angular-cli/ Webpack etc is a bonus
- Knowledge of security and data protection in Web applications.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in an agile team.
What’s it like working at Zilliqa?
Zilliqa is the world's first high-throughput public blockchain platform - designed to scale to thousands of transactions per second.
Zilliqa brings the theory of sharding to practice with its novel protocol that increases transaction rates as its network expands. The platform is tailored towards enabling secure data-driven decentralised apps, designed to meet the scaling requirements of machine learning and financial algorithms.
Zilliqa has been under research and development for two years, and powered several ground-breaking deployments commercially.
We are a high energy, fun and deep technology team.