Job description & requirements
We are looking for a Software Support Engineer who can investigate and fix issues on our platform (wrong data, bugs) coming from our clients or internal users (account managers, sales, analysts). You will help with ongoing development and troubleshooting throughout the system, being able to find creative quick fixes and permanent solutions. The environment includes AWS cloud infrastructure, Linux servers administration, PostgreSQL databases, data issues and Python/Scala based APIs. The Engineering Team thrives on agility, speed, efficiency and utilizing available data to automate and continuously improve its product. As such, you will also work with automated testing and web scraping scripts.
* Manage the backlog of issues coming from analysts and users.
* Fix data bugs with the help of other engineers.
* Coordinate communication on issues status between developers and users.
* Ensure integrity of data through creative, robust and sustainable quality control methods.
* Participate in enhancing the monitoring and auditing of data pipelines.
* Translating technical concepts to/from non-technical language that can be understood by technology, business users and leadership teams.
Knowledge & Experience
* Experience with SQL databases, writing own queries
* Experience with Linux shell scripting
* Experience with Python programming
* Experience with AWS cloud deployment
* Good level of written and spoken English, other languages a plus
* Knowledge of PostgreSQL server
* Experience with geographic information systems.
* Experience of data management lifecycles (collection, cataloguing, ETL design, database management).
* Experience of LEAN methodologies and approaches to process optimisation.
* Experience of working independently and to demanding timescales
* High level of enthusiasm and a positive attitude
* Ability to work within teams or independently and scoping/executing high quality deliverable
* Ability to handle multitasking
* Proven track record of reliability
* Possess high level of confidence, desire to succeed, and assertiveness
* Great communication and customer relationship management experience
* Ability to work with clients
What’s it like working at Kpler?
- Our team is a real mix of people from 12 different nationalities, speaking 10 different languages and we have offices in Paris, Houston, Dubai, London and Singapore
- Our growth is exponential, our product is always evolving and we have clients from various parts of the world
- Our APAC office is located in the heart of Singapore
- We offer an attractive salary according to profile and experience