Job description & requirements
We are looking for Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications targeted at a range of Android devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be development of the Android applications and the integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other developers who are responsible for different clients and infrastructure components. You will also be collaborating with other teams (Product, Design, QA) in the end-to-end product development and deployment cycle. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Design and develop mobile applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work closely with Product, Design teams on fulfilling the design and functional requirements for the applications
- Collaborate with other client and backend developers within the development team for the entire project development cycles
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Monitor the performance of live applications and continuously improve the code quality and user experience
- Designing and developing advanced applications for the Android platform
- Experience with Android SDK
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and Web Socket to connect applications to back-end services
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Understanding of Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Strong experience in handling media files (photo, video, 360/VR) and real time chat and voice communications
- Experience in benchmarking and optimization of applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiar with development practice using Scrum
- Degree in computer science or software engineering
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Have gone through a few cycles in software product development and have completed mobile apps that are successfully listed on Android/Google Store
What’s it like working at Simone Studios Pte Ltd?
Work with us and realise what you’ve only dreamed of.
Benefits and perks of working with us include:
Progression: Professional development