Job description & requirements
We are looking for a very strong and versatile backend developer. You will be working on our core trading platform that is written in Scala on top of an open-source tech stack (Cassandra, Kafka, Akka and more).
You will work in a team that enforces CQRS and Event Sourcing principles and builds the backbone of our financial operations. Part of your responsibility will be to manage the deployment and operations of our microservice architecture in a cloud-based Docker environment.
StashAway boasts a multi-cultural and multi-lingual team with members who are incredibly smart and engaged. Our strong engineering team is obsessed about learning, getting better every single day, and tackling fascinating technical and business challenges. We are a family that has each other’s backs, to tap into advanced technology to offer intelligent and personalised investment portfolios for consumers.
- Strong background in Computer Science, or degree in Computer Science
- 1-5 years of experience in a developing distributed systems or microservice infrastructure
- Developed mission-critical products, e.g. trading platforms, medical applications
- Experience in Java, and ideally at least one functional programming language (e.g. Scala, Kotlin, Clojure, Haskell)
- Self-driven, has strong sense of ownership and able to work and learn independently
- Comfortable with numbers and motivated by steep learning curves
- Prior work experience at a FinTech startup
- Moderate knowledge of finance and trading
- Preferably some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns
- Basic devops skills (e.g. setting up of databases, deployment processes, etc.)
What’s it like working at StashAway?
Who we are?
Supported by prominent advisors in Singapore, the StashAway team is committed to providing the highest-quality investment advice and customer experience. Our team is composed of fund managers, developers, and engineers from Southeast Asia and Europe with deep experience working for CitiGroup, Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, UBS, and hedge funds, amongst others.
StashAway is led by its three founders, Michele Ferrario, former CEO of ZALORA Group; Freddy Lim, former Global Head of Derivatives Strategy for Nomura; and Nino Ulsamer, founder of several technology companies around the world. The company was founded in Singapore in 2016 with the ambition of expanding to other fast-growing APAC markets as soon as 2018.