Trouva unites 250 of the UK’s best independent boutiques with hundreds of thousands of people across the world who are looking for their next unique find. There are thousands of small independent boutiques spread out there in the physical world with beautiful product selections. Being able to discover and purchase these products is notoriously difficult
We’ve been around for about 2 years and have already been named one of the 5 fastest growing startups in the UK. Our goal is simple: To provide independent boutiques with the technology they need to thrive online and connect them with a community of people who desire beautiful products while doing so.
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics.
As a Full Stack Engineer you’ll work closely with the rest of the team to progress Trouva’s technology platform. The challenge is diverse: you’ll have the opportunity to work on inventory management, order processing, internal communication tools, but also, and maybe most importantly, on creating an alternative shopping experience for the Trouva customer.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience working with or at least a solid understanding of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef. Understanding of the role of load balancers and DNS, able to setup a basic infrastructure with some direction.
- Experience having designed at least one API or subset of functionality from scratch. Able to discuss needs from both server side implementation and client side needs.
- Experience working with CI/CD, able to discuss different testing approaches and have a good understanding of difference between things like unit/integration tests.
- You’ve got experience testing applications, through unit, behaviour & integration tests. You understand that testing is essential to build robust applications and you’re experienced with setting up the appropriate test tooling to ensure rapid development and continuous deployment.
- You’ve previously been exposed to at least one frontend production application and have a keen interest in learning more about building beautiful experiences for the end-user. ##
- Configuration management tools
Nice to have
- Front-end experience
We want our team to share in our successes as one of Europe's hottest start-ups - share options are a big part of this and something we offer to all our full-time employees. We work from a great office with unlimited coffee reserves, free snacks, fresh fruit and a great roof terrace. Lots of autonomy, independence and trust!