Disclaimer: All relevant details regarding the company and the specifics of the hiring process will be shared with you during our first screening session.
What we do:
We are the leading online metasearch- and price-comparison engine in Europe, currently successfully operating in six markets - more to come. Our algorithms sort, match and compare millions of products from more than 500 retail shops.
You will be joining 40+ enthusiastic people, hailing from 12 nations (and counting) in our lovely Hamburg office.
What you will do:
You will be working on and contributing new microservices to a architecture that is
responsive, resilient, elastic, scalable by design. Communication happens asynchronous, no HTTP between services. Check reactivemanifesto.org!
We truly believe in doing things distributed. Microservices share no databases and survive each other’s failure
All services have a well-defined purpose derived from our business requirements
we live polyglott persistence and heavily invest into researching and developing patterns and best practices
running on Node.js
written in TypeScript
having static typing greatly increases development speed and fun. We don’t use TypeScript to create a JS-OOP zombie but to make development more fun and patterns easier to use
We strongly believe in writing tests. Most (and all new) components have a coverage from 60%-90%
We use Prometheus and Grafana to keep track of what our services do. We also use Grafana for company KPIs, BI and marketing metrics
and continuously deployed
We use containers to develop locally using the same images that run on production. We deploy with Wercker and do so about 7 times per day
into a Kubernetes cluster
DNS, load balancing and redundancy are automatically done by our deployment system. We happily run many hundreds of Kubernetes pods.
- You have at least 3 years experience working with Node.js
- You have at least 2 years experience working on Microservice Architectures
- You have at least 3 years experience in Agile software development and pair-programing
- You've contributed code to clean Back-end architectures
- You know and use design patterns and best practice
- You studied computer science, a comparable field or are a strong self-learner on the concepts of software engineering
Nice to have
- You can teach us some new table-tennis moves
- We plan together and discuss alternative approaches
- Home office is okay if you make sure your team knows what's up
- We strongly believe in retrospectives and improving workflows every sprint
- Food, beverages, ping-pong, office dog and all the other necessities ;-)