Job description & requirements
Saleswhale (YC S16) is an automated sales assistant that helps companies to engage, qualify and book meetings for their sales teams, at scale.
We are one of the few lucky Singaporean companies to have gone through the prestigious Y Combinator program (S16), and we have raised millions of venture funding from top Silicon Valley and Singapore investors.
Our customers include Fortune 500 companies & NYSE-listed companies, such as Randstad Group, Zendesk, General Assembly, Shangri-La Hotel and many more.
If you want to work in a dynamic team at an aspiring, technically challenging startup with high responsibility and a real impact on the direction of our product, we're the right team for you!
Saleswhale is seeking a Senior Backend Software Engineer - who can work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. You will work on a small team and solve tough, real problems for customers from all around the world - your work will have a high impact.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Building APIs and micro-services for core functionalities that power the entire Saleswhale machine - including processing & parsing millions of emails per month.
- Automate systems deployment to production.
- Work closely with our product and design team to provide a delightful user experience.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field (nice to have, but not absolutely required).
- Proficiency in Ruby / Rails or equivalent web development language/framework.
- Strong in SQL and relational database such as PostgreSQL.
- Strong problem solving skill.
- Must have years of experience in design and implement scalable complex backend system.
- Good knowledge about Networking and DevOps - Unix, Nginx, Amazon AWS, Docker.
- Strong communication skill and ability to work efficiently in teams.
- Experience with building Product is a big plus.