Job description & requirements
Gigco.work is a portal for talent, services & on-demand job requirements. This is where creatives (photographers, videographers, narrators, models), service providers (movers, plumbers, electricians, cleaners, handymen, painters) make their expertise available to job posters needing their help to fix a home’s electrical connections, produce content (photos, videos, text) for a new website, organise major events. The possibilities are endless.
Our platform facilitates the interchange of ideas, services and payments to do this.
But this is just the beginning. Our future means more services, deploying our platform in other countries, an ever-growing number of people getting jobs, making people’s dreams come true, giving birth to more companies.
Test your limits. Expand your capabilities. Join GIGCO and run with us into the future!
We are looking for a Back-End Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between server and client. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end and therefore a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
· Architect and implement new backend services to meet design goals
· Enhance and maintain existing backend services
· Contribute to internal tools for assisting development and for maintaining services
· Work closely with other members of the team
Skills And Qualifications
· Proficiency in Go language. NodeJS will be also be required for some portions of works. Experience in C++ will be added benefit.
· Experience with one or more NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
· Experience developing JSON-based RESTful Web Services
· Hands-on test driven development experience and able to author unit, integration and functional tests
· Familiar with AWS deployment. Experience with the use of Docker Containments and Kubernetes. Experience in other cloud providers (Google Cloud, Azure) will be considered.
· A fluent Linux shell user with good understanding of Linux operating systems
· Experience with real time messaging systems will be good to have
· Experience working with source control such as git
· Familiarity with continuous integration
· Familiar with development practice using Scrum
· Strong communication skills
· Degree in computer science or software engineering
· At least 3 years of working experience
Have developed server applications and deployed live on cloud services