Job description & requirements
ASPIRE IS REINVENTING BANKING IN SOUTHEAST ASIA Today in Southeast Asia, 50% of small medium businesses don't have access to credit because banks do not make enough profit on small size loans. Through technology & innovation, Aspire small business owners, now they can access Fast and Small loans, and contribute to the real world. Aspire is an early stage FinTech startup accelerated by Y-Combinator (#1 Worldwide incubation program). At Aspire it's more than hiring the best talent, we believe that having the right person, leads to the creation of better product & services to the businesses we serve.
About the role:
At Aspire, we pride ourselves on building an amazing team. We are in need of a Data Scientist who will help us build and strengthen the technology behind our product.
The right person takes initiative, likes to learn & deals with integrity. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to work to make a difference to your community with talented & motivated team members in a diverse, energetic workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
What will you be doing?
- Develop, manage and maintain scalable Risk Engine Infrastructure
- Research, develop, plan and implement predictive algorithm
- Use various regression and other data analysis techniques and methods to improve the Risk Engine accuracy
- Work with other team members to build upon our data collection, storage, and processing infrastructure
- Basic data cleansing and preparation
- Build analysis and visualization for business purposes
- Validate and improve your models in rigorous experiments
- Engineer new features and discover new opportunities in our data
- Work with data engineers to bring your models to production
- Motivation and drive to seek out for new projects/ Opportunities
What will you need
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field
- 3 years of experience in Data Science/ Big Data Analytics / Data Engineering
- Expertise in fields such as Mathematical Statistics, Machine Learning Systems and Automated Reasoning Algorithmic Solutions
- 3 years of hands on experience with Big Data ETL processes, Data visualization, Data Exploring Algorithms
- Proven experience in Data Modeling
- Knowledge of computer programming (Python or R)
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills