Job description & requirements
TrafficGuard, part of Tech TrafficGuard Ltd (ASX:TMP) is a global mobile technology company specialising in protecting brands from mobile ad fraud. Our product TrafficGuard® blocks mobile advertising fraud at the click level, saving advertisers millions on low quality app installs and improving advertisers’ return on investment (ROI).
TrafficGuard is seeking a Business Development Manager with a hunger for growth to help us build a strong, profitable commercial presence across South East Asia for our direct clients and agencies. We are looking for a sales expert looking to help continue our rapid growth across Asia Pacific and leadership position in the mobile advertising space.
You will be based in Singapore and will focus on generating incremental revenue for our South East Asia business in partnership with our APAC regional HQ in Singapore, and global HQ in Perth with clients and agencies across South East Asia.
You’ll bring 2-5 years experience in SaaS sales and will be looking for a new challenge, that will give you the freedom to help TrafficGuard grow the company’s commercial presence by building relationships with mobile brands, performance marketers and supply partners across the South East Asia region.
You’ll be highly knowledgeable with a strong understanding of the mobile marketing landscape in South East Asia and beyond, passionate about technology and have a successful track record of growing revenue and growing a business and team.
We’ll expect you’ll bring us strong existing relationships with South East Asia media agencies and major clients.
You’ll be successful in this role if you are able to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere, with a flat organisational structure. While we are a publicly listed company on the Australian stock exchange (ASX:TMP) we operate like a startup.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify customer engagement opportunities to help grow each advertisers relationship
- Grow account revenue to meet and exceed individual gross profit targets; continuously prospect new business
- Communicates TrafficGuard’s value proposition effectively to our clients
- Utilise TrafficGuard’s platforms, crm and client/competitive data to identify emerging business trends and to engage clients with new opportunities.
- Strategic sales partner to drive our business growth
- Build positive, working relationships with advertisers to maximise opportunities, from new and existing customers.
- Identify key sales opportunities to generate revenue.
- Support the development and evolution of TrafficGuard’s South East Asia business strategy
- Gather market feedback to support product development, including changes and adjustments to support client and market needs.
- Regularly engage with industry groups and committees
Skills and behaviour
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both in spoken and written
- Ability to gather and analyse performance data & metrics
- A good coach; a good mentor
- Stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritise
- Detail-oriented and ability to self audit work
- Passion for learning and personal development
- Able to produce high quality work within a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive & can-do work mind-like attitudes
- Self-motivated individual
- Team player and team builder
- 2-5 years’ experience in sales management and business growth preferably within the mobile advertising / SaaS space, with preferably most of this experience in the South East Asia region.
- Previous experience working in a startup environment and / or scaling smaller organisations and businesses.
- Must have a proven track record for handling multiple clients at one time and have great organisational and follow-up skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen with understanding of sales forecasting, managing pipeline and budgeting process.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and define client requirements and business objectives to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills and the ability to build trust within broader team members
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Strong customer-facing verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Able to travel up to 50% across South East Asia markets.
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, customer centric and sales focused entrepreneurial environment.
- Fluency in English required, and if you’re from Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand or Philippines you’ll bring local language experience and contacts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor in Marketing/ Business or related equivalent practical experiences
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides) and Hubspot
- At 2-5 years of online advertising experience in digital/mobile media
- Experience supporting and servicing clients using advertising products and technology.
- A demonstrable record exceeding revenue goals and driving new businesses
- Strong understanding of ad-tech ecosystem with granular understanding of performance media, mobile media, digital platforms, programmatic, and ad network business will be an advantage