Job description & requirements
We have a partnership with a global leader in enterprise wide data and risk management solutions to develop and manage an internal IT Risk Management team for their new cloud service business. Their solutions serve major global financial institutions, large corporations, asset managers and energy companies.
Our partner is launching a SaaS delivery channel for a version of their currently on premise solutions, using industry leading cloud capability. This service will be considered material outsourcing and will be measured against their clients’ regulated obligations, so technology risk management is essential to their success. They are an established leader in their field with over 25 years’ experience, but their SaaS channel is a new venture: a FinTech startup with the stability of a multinational.
About the role
The IT Risk Manager will lead technology risk management for the new venture, working closely with the COO and the CISO. This role will be supported by Pragma’s founders, who are veterans in IT risk management and cyber security. You will be mentored on how to establish and manage global ITRM at the partner firm in a manner and to standards that the regulated client will recognise.
More importantly, this role is also a “product manager” for the TRM feature set. The product management portion is externally facing, ensuring that our go-to-market resources understand the features and that we can demonstrate that we not only match but exceed on-prem controls. This role is responsible for constantly evaluating the ITRM “product” and making sure we maintain security and risk management a differentiating factor for our platform.
This will be an opportunity to demonstrate a strong foundation for the new business unit and a supported career advancement into a global management role. The successful candidate needs to understand financial services technology risk management, to understand how cloud solutions can be used to deliver on that vision, and have the communication skills to work with senior management, with clients, and with hands-on technical staff at all levels.
· Define and implement an ITRM framework for this new cloud service business
· Work closely with the CEO and a to-be-created risk committee to roll out and manage the risk management framework.
· Ownership of the definition and ongoing evolution of the package of technical and operational controls that will secure the platform and demonstrate security and risk management as a differentiator over alternative vendor offerings and even on-prem.
· Lead the development of standard collateral for the sales teams to address ITRM and outsourcing questions from prospects and clients.
· 5-10 years in an ITRM/InfoSec role
· Detailed knowledge of a major jurisdiction’s ITRM and outsourcing guidelines – ideally Singapore MAS
· Strong communications and leadership skills and experience. Ability to advocate ITRM best practice across senior exec peers globally
· Knowledge of cloud technologies (especially AWS) and their use in a regulated environment
· Commercial and Pragmatic – ability and experience applying guidelines to specific business cases and establishing acceptable standards
· Pro-active and self-starting – vision and drive to build an ITRM capability from the ground up and maintain as value adding and differentiating features of our offering.
· Good understanding of financial Regulatory Reporting practices
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Finance (Master’s Degree good to have).
· Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to articulate complex concepts in simple language using illustrative examples or MS Excel Models.