Job description & requirements
Tech in Asia is hiring a tech journalist to chronicle Asia's massive technology industry for an international audience. You'll have an opportunity to focus on a specific niche in the tech industry in order to build your expertise.
- You'll break news, profile movers and shakers, write trend pieces showing how the industry is changing itself and the world, and analyze the most significant developments in Asian tech.
- You'll develop a network of people in the industry that you can rely on for your stories.
- You can write clean, punchy, and entertaining prose with minimal rewrites needed from an editor.
- You can explain in plain language how a development or trend is significant to people in Asia and elsewhere.
- You already possess or can acquire deep knowledge about Asian tech trends, and marry that with global developments and your expansive general knowledge.
- You understand what readers want, and how to sell a story to them.
- You value accuracy.
- You value journalistic integrity and would have no trouble following our ethics policy: https://www.techinasia.com/about/ethics
- You possess traits that are described in Tech in Asia's culture code: https://www.techinasia.com/culture
- You're based in Singapore
- You possess deep knowledge about internet companies and the technology industry